Rock Your Blog
So, you want to blog, but…
- You become paralysed by the blank page every time you sit down to create a blog post
- You are terrified of writing about the wrong topics: ‘Ain’t nobody got time for that!’
- You are tired of blindly guessing how to put together a blog that attracts the right audience
- You are feeling defeated already, because it seems like your competitors have their online presence all figured out and how can your blog compete? (Newsflash: They’re just as uncertain as you are)
- You know your writing is awesome, but don’t know why you only see tumbleweeds and hear crickets after publishing a blog post
- You think your right brain controls your every thought and you can’t possibly get creative with fancy graphics and eloquent words
- You would rather ship it off to a writer who doesn’t really get your clients, and “Good enough, I guess” is now part of your everyday vocabulary
- You break out in a cold sweat every time you hear technical terms like SEO and WordPress and you think “I’m just a regular accountant, how am I supposed to learn this techy stuff?”
- You are tired of quibbling over a few cents with your ‘not so ideal’ clients and thinking “Why can’t I attract just those clients who appreciate my expertise and pay me what I’m worth?”
You can attract the right clients! You can unlock the creative side of your brain. You can learn all the tech stuff. You can fill that intimidating blank page with captivating words that educate and entertain your clients.
But right now, you’re losing valuable time and money blindly guessing and DIYing all on your own.
Let’s see what one of my students has to say…
You’re a newbie blogger and you feel nervous using this medium to reach your potential clients. Gina Palacio
What you’ll experience after completing this course…
These little victories are closer than what you may think!
All you need is a (virtual) hand to show you the way and a (virtual) foot to kick you in the butt from…
You love numbers, right? I’ve crunched some for you:
A coffee addiction ain’t pretty, and you certainly don’t have the time or the patience to go through all of that.
I finally cracked the code to what makes a converting blog post after helping my clients kick sand into the eyes of some of the biggest online players.
And I want you to crack that code too!
So, who am I?
I hung up my accounting hat in exchange for a plum-coloured marketing hat a few years ago, and now I help accounting professionals to become more visible online through content marketing – and specifically blogging – to attract, educate, and engage their clients.
I started my new career working for a digital marketing agency in Silicon Valley, while also building my own creative agency on the side. I’m obsessed with helping accounting professionals move their brand and marketing into the 21st century.
With a cup of coffee in hand (remember that caffeine addiction I told you about?), I will teach you all of the techniques that I have learned and successfully implemented for my clients.
In just 4 weeks, you’ll learn everything you need to know to build a successful blog for your firm. No more DIYing and late night Googling for answers!
Another client story…
Through this course, I have gained confidence in my ability to provide meaningful content for my clients and potential clients – I now know I have the skills and resources to write blogs related to bookkeeping and accounting, I have developed a plan to add periodic blogs to my website, and have a good understanding of how to market my blogs.
I enjoyed the step-by-step videos and homework for each section. Marketing has always been scary to me, but Lydia made each area manageable and enjoyable. Cathleen Davis
In this course, you’ll…
Laying the foundations:
- Honing in on your niche audience
- Types of blog posts that you could write
- How often should you publish a new blog post?
- How to brainstorm blog topics without a sweat
- Setting up your editorial calendar in a jiffy
Unleashing the Writer in You:
- The most important elements that each blog needs
- Blog structuring that keeps the reader’s attention
- Writing tips: From unknown to frequent visitor to loyal reader
- Craft irresistible headlines to improve open rate
- How to generate more content in less time
- Long or short blogs: Which is best?
Get on Google’s Good Side:
- What is SEO? An overview
- Keyword research made easy
- Optimise your blog for search engines
How to Find or Create Attention-Grabbing Graphics:
- Choosing attention-grabbing images that suit your topic and brand
- Where to find free and paid images
- What are the optimal image sizes & dimensions?
Publish Your First Blog & Other Tech Stuff:
- Tutorial: Setting up your blog page
- Tutorial: Installing and setting up plugins for SEO and social sharing
- Tutorial: Publishing your blog post
Getting the Word Out:
- Why you should promote your blog post
- The different channels you can use you spread the word
- An overview of some of the major social media platforms
rock your blog DIY
- 6 On-demand modules walking you step-by-step through everything you need to know to create a successful blog for your firm
- 5 hours of training videos
- Interactive, downloadable worksheets, checklists, and crib notes
- Lifetime access to the course material
- All future updates and additions (never pay for new versions!)
rock your blog VIP
- Everything included in the DIY program
- Feedback from me on your first 3 blog posts
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I get access and how long is this course going to take me? I’m busy, you know.
I already have blogging experience. Is this for Me?
How Much Time Will I Need to Complete This Course?
Will I Get Support from You?
Are There Any Extra Costs I Need to Budget For?
I always suggest free options for tools where available. Sometimes you may want to choose the paid version, but that’s totally up to you. You’ll be able to do everything you need with the free tools.
If you don’t have a website where you can host your blog yet, then keep in mind that you need to pay for web hosting (+-$25/month) and a domain address (+-$10).
What If I’m Unhappy With The Course?
Will My Blog Become Viral Overnight?
Will my posts suddenly feature on page one of Google? Will I immediately attract streams of new clients? Probably not. Blogging alone won’t get you those results – it’s part of a bigger marketing strategy that gets you nearer to those goals. Also, it takes time and consistent blogging before Google takes notice and bumps you up to the first page. The techniques I teach you will speed up the process, but it still won’t happen overnight.