There was a time when online marketing was real easy. All you had to do was create a [crappy] website, dump a list of your services on there, add your contact details, and voila … you were good to go.
That is SO last decade.
Now, everyone has a website and your potential clients are facing information overload every single day. The only accounting firms that get noticed are those that bring something different to the table.
Quick Schemes and Cookie-Cutter Marketing Plans Can Be Your Firm’s Downfall
You’ve probably graduated from the belief that all you need is a website, but maybe you’ve stepped into the next trap: The quick schemes and the cookie-cutter-marketing-plans-that-are-guaranteed-to-work (like 5 years ago).
And because you believe you’re not a marketing expert, you hand the full responsibility over to some ‘guru’ who tells you that you only need to do X and Y – and pay them thousands of dollars to do said X and Y – and people will stream to you.
How’s that working out for you?
In case you’ve fallen into that trap and wondering why the heck you don’t see any results, or worse, start to doubt whether you’ve got it in you to make this own-firm thing a success, let me explain to you why this strategy is not working.
Drowning in the Sea of Sameness
If a thousand of your competitors are doing the exact same thing, how exactly do you think people are going to notice you?
Compare it to tract housing developments, for instance. If you live in a house like that, do you tell people on their way to visit you to watch out for the white house with the terracotta roof? Not if all the houses around you look the same. You have to be very specific about the street name and house number; otherwise, they’ll never find you. But say you decided to paint your house red (and welcome the wrath of your neighbours!), you’d certainly stand out, won’t you?
There’s something even worse than following a cookie-cutter plan: Working with marketing agencies who specialise in marketing for accountants who sell blogs and newsletters to you that they just copy and paste for all their clients. What do you think you’ll gain from having the exact same blog as a thousand other accountants on your website?
You just add to the noise.
Are You Taking Responsibility for Your Accounting Firm’s Marketing?
Let me shake the cage a bit:
- You CANNOT follow a cookie-cutter recipe that thousands of other accountants are following.
- There is NO such thing as overnight success in marketing. People who tell you that is either lying, or they’re the exception, or they were the first one doing it.
- You HAVE to put in the hours to test, analyse, and refine your marketing tactics until you get something that works for you.
- You HAVE to figure out what works for your clients. Newsflash, not everyone uses Twitter.
And finally, you HAVE to take responsibility for your own marketing.
Why? Because no-one knows your clients as well as you do. No marketing expert will ever really understand what your clients need and what they’re struggling with.
Does it mean you need to do everything yourself?
No. You can outsource parts of your marketing to others, but, you have to be firmly behind the wheel, and that starts with a marketing plan.
Create a Marketing Plan That Works for Your Firm
To help you with that, I’ve created a free email course to show you how to map out your entire 12-month marketing plan in 6 days.
I’m not going to tell you that you need to put X and Y on the list. Instead, I’m going to give you the tools to figure out how to put together a plan that works for you and that works for your ideal clients.
And best of all, it’s really easy to do, and it’s not going to take up all your time. In about 30 minutes a day, I’ll walk you through the steps that you’ll need to take to create your marketing plan.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to create a clear and simple plan that’s easy to implement and stick to
- Which content your ideal clients actually want to read, watch, or listen to – instead of just guessing
- Which marketing channels and tactics are best for your firm
- How to move your ideal clients to your end goal – signing up to work with you!
- And so much more…
Sounds like a plan? Then register for the email course here:
FREE COURSE: Create a simple, overwhelm-free marketing plan and finally get those ideal clients to say yes to you!
After going through this email course, you’ll…
- Know how to attract the right type of clients that are a good fit for your firm
- Have more confidence in your marketing knowledge and know what to focus on
- Know the ideal marketing strategy which will be the most valuable FOR YOU (yes, we’re all different, and we don’t do cookie-cutter here)
- Be clear on how to move your ideal clients to your end goal – signing up to work with you!